Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday- All American Girl

If you are looking for one time-pass in-one-go read, you have to read this book by Meg Cabot! Reading the first chapters, I thought the heroine, Samantha Madison, sounded weird... wearing only black because "she is mourning for her generation", selling celebrity drawings and in love with her sister's boyfriend (or at least that's what she thinks).
Maybe she is weird, but that is what makes her fun. She saves the President from assassination (NOT to be a national hero, mind you!), and suddenly she becomes a celebrity (though she knows she is not!). Everywhere she goes, she is surrounded by reporters (Coke or Pepsi, Samantha? and such nuisance, lol!) and to make things better(?), the President's son might just be in love with her.
This book is really good, and you'll have quite a few laughs - totally fun to read. I would highly recommend it.

(Okay...here is a confession. This is a review I wrote for TeenFX in 2005. Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V to my blog :-) Find the original here)

If anybody has "All American Girl- Ready or not?", can I please borrow it?!?! I shamelessly still read young adult crap! Actually, I don't even think there is anything to be ashamed of that, what say?

No comments: