There are 3 billion women who don't look like supermodels and
only eight who do.
Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14.
If Barbie was a real woman, she'd have to walk on all fours due
to her proportions.
The average woman weighs 144 lb. and wears between a 12-14.
One out of every four college aged women has an eating! disorder.
The models in the magazines are airbrushed -- not perfect!
A psychological study in 1995 found that three minutes spent
looking at a fashion magazine caused 70% of women to feel depressed,
guilty, and shameful.
Models twenty years ago weighed 8% less than the average woman.
Today they weigh 23% less.
~Beauty of a Woman~
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears,
The figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman must be seen from her eyes,
Because that is the doorway to her heart,
The place where love resides.
The beauty of a woman Is not in a facial mole,
But true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.
It is the caring that she lovingly gives,
The passion that she shows.
The beauty of a woman
With passing years -- only grows.
An English professor wrote the words, "Woman without her man is
nothing," on the blackboard and directed the students to punctuate it
The men wrote: "Woman, without her man, is nothing."
The women wrote: "Woman! Without her, man is nothing."
The Images of Mother
4 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mommy can do anything!
8 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!
12 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.
14 YEARS OF AGE ~ Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.
16 YEARS OF AGE ~ Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.
18 YEARS OF AGE ~ That old woman? She's way out of date!
25 YEARS OF AGE ~ Well, she might know a little bit about it.
35 YEARS OF AGE ~ Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.
45 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?
65 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wish I could talk it over with Mom.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Well, I'm glad this isn't a long list. It is a very silly list I know...but yeah, little things do matter :)
- Sneakers- I don't see why, but I've never had any sneakers(well, I never had a spare footwear, its always been, one's torn? get a new one!)
- A branded watch, hopefully spent for by someone from my family - Every watch I've owned, was either a gift, or a prize, or something that I got for myself, or even- one I found on the road! After I lost the watch that was given as a gift from someone very very special, I've never had a watch that lasted long. My watches are jinxed.
- Rimless glasses- ever since I started wearing glasses, two years ago, I've always wanted mine to be rimless, but its always been a black half frame.
- A proper showcase to show off all the trophies and medals that I've won all over the years!
- A proper closed bookshelf to store all the books I've won(they all now adorn our attic in cardboard boxes!)
- A full length mirror/dressing table- there's never been one in the house, so if I look like a baboon below my waist, at least that's not my mistake.
- Enough money- lol!
- A cell phone that is not Motorola C168- which is what I've been having for the past 2 years, and it sort of sucks.