Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Birthdays...


My birthdays have always been comic tragedies. Slap from dad, rain gods POURING their heart out, schools declared a holiday cuz of bad weather... funny it is. I used to dread birthdays, cuz for me, they always meant something-wrong. I've cut a birthday cake on two occasions...yea, TWO occasions. One for my 10th birthday, when my neighbourhood was filled by Anglo Indians and one, last year. I've had pictures taken on my birthday once. And out of those 4 pictures, I'm there in only one, with profile view and cake not seen(which you can see here!). And, from my 11th standard till last year, all my birthdays were government declared holidays, due to the 'puyal chinnam' in Bay of Bengal (which ended up bringing sunny weather all over!) My birthday is bewitched! But amidst all this comedy, my friends have always tried to make it special. People have waddled through pools of water to my place, just to drop in a birthday wish! They've stayed awake all night patiently bearing the "call waiting" or engaged tones to sing the birthday song in the midnight. My penpals from afar always remembered to send me huge packages bringing all their love from 1000s of miles apart. This loWe will make this year, and every birthday special :)

PS: I just got a pretty pale pink kurta today for the 29th. Supri got a similar one too, and one day you can see us in this uniform!

2 comments:

Sandhya Iyer said...

Indha vaati puyal chinnam irrukara maari terila... So AAAPPPPYYYYY BDDDDUUUUUAAAAAAAYYYYYY in advance :)

Vedha said...

ooh.. so much lowe!