Sunday, October 4, 2009

Generalizations

I was watching Kamal Haasan's interview in Vijay TV today, and something he said reminded of this one quote, and hence the post.
Somebody asked him why he sported a beard in the movie Unnaipol Oruvan. He mentioned about how people are typecast under a certain category by very simple things like a beard, and how he wanted to break generalizations like that one. How. very. true!!

"All generalizations are false, including this one" - Mark Twain

_______________


Also, there is another quote that has been on my mind for quite sometime now...

"When I was a child, my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general. If you become a monk you'll end up as the pope.' Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.”

Would I be the Pope or Picasso? What do you think?

No comments: